The Inbetween
© 2026
Drifting in my dream
looking for who I used to be
the girl who cycled home from school
and stopped to talk to trees
There’s a space from then to now
filled with horrors seen
this thick quiet mist
of the lost inbetween
And then I dreamt I drowned
drifting down to the sea-bed
floating aimlessly
gone away inside my head
Wish washing with the seaweed
over where the beast lies buried
waiting for the siren’s call
before he can emerge once more
And I being bored made him a friend
to talk to in my dark descent
so we danced on decaying decks
of ill-destined wayward wrecks
captained by a ghostly figure
who watched it all
with a scornful snigger
and his crew of mournful sinners
Still the beast and I had a laugh
lounging in the ship’s old rusted bath
attended by a Sergeant Shark
whose pearly whites gleamed in the dark
and just as I was at the edge of fear
and his jaws came deathly near
I awoke and found myself on land
still with a seashell in my hand.
Wish washing with the seaweed
over where the beast lies buried
waiting for the siren’s call
before he can emerge once more
And I being bored made him a friend
to talk to in my dark descent
so we danced on decaying decks
of ill-destined wayward wrecks
captained by a ghostly figure
who watched it all
with his crew of scornful sinners
Still the beast and I had a laugh
lounging in the ship’s old rusted bath
attended by a Sergeant Shark
whose pearly whites gleamed in the dark
and just as I was at the edge of fear
and his jaws came deathly near
I awoke and found myself on land
still with a seashell in my hand
Wish washing with the seaweed
over where the beast lies buried
waiting for the siren’s call
before he can emerge once more
and I being bored made him a friend
to talk to in my dark descent
the beast and I had a laugh
lounging in the ship’s old rusted bath
da da da da dum
da da da da dum
I awoke and found myself on land
still clutching a seashell in my hand.
Copyright statement: Lyrics © 2026 Christine Jordaan. All lyrics are original works authored by me. The music and vocal performances were created using AI tools under commercial licenses that grant me ownership and perpetual commercial usage rights in the resulting outputs. All rights reserved.
Note: Visual content across this site may include elements created or enhanced using AI-generated imagery as part of the overall creative process.

Comments
Post a Comment