Love you anyway
© 2026
I knew that you were cruel
I understood you would not stay
but I, silly fool
decided to love you anyway
‘cos sometimes we love what kills us
although we should know better
we pour fuel on the fire
and wonder why we shatter
oh what is the lesson I’ve not learnt yet
how messed up will it all get
do I still owe karma any debt
wish I could just forget
yes, I knew that you were cruel
I understood you would not stay
but I, silly fool
decided to love you anyway
oh why do I love what will kill me
how did I think it'd fulfil me
playing in the flames
losing myself in your games
but I knew that you were cruel
I understood that I would pay
and I, silly fool,
decided to love you anyway
yes I knew you were cruel
and I was breaking all the rules
but I, silly, silly fool
decided to love you anyway.
I understood you would not stay
but I, silly fool
decided to love you anyway
‘cos sometimes we love what kills us
although we should know better
we pour fuel on the fire
and wonder why we shatter
oh what is the lesson I’ve not learnt yet
how messed up will it all get
do I still owe karma any debt
wish I could just forget
yes, I knew that you were cruel
I understood you would not stay
but I, silly fool
decided to love you anyway
oh why do I love what will kill me
how did I think it'd fulfil me
playing in the flames
losing myself in your games
but I knew that you were cruel
I understood that I would pay
and I, silly fool,
decided to love you anyway
yes I knew you were cruel
and I was breaking all the rules
but I, silly, silly fool
decided to love you anyway.
Copyright statement: Lyrics © 2026 Christine Jordaan. All lyrics are original works authored by me. The music and vocal performances were created using AI tools under commercial licenses that grant me ownership and perpetual commercial usage rights in the resulting outputs. All rights reserved.
Note: Visual content across this site may include elements created or enhanced using AI-generated imagery as part of the overall creative process.

Comments
Post a Comment