Believe the Lie

 © 2026





I'm sitting
looking out the window thinking
you've lost track of time
‘cos you're out drinking

and now I know
you'll come home late
it won't be you
walking through the gate

but the Monster that lives
inside your head
you're going to torture me
the whole night instead

what wicked thoughts
unleash the Beast
what hateful plans
as he steps forth to feast

I fold myself up inside
going ten floors down
'til I'm safe away
in Tinsel Town
floating over Broken Dolls
in cages
while far outside
the Nightmare rages

I stop to watch
the Tearful Angels
playing chess
with the Kissing Clowns
who earn their wages
testing Souls on their way down
to the Kingdom of Shadows
far underground

I have a chat with Alice
through her Looking Glass
another bleeding Soul
with a wounded past
that skipped away
once the die was cast
to a world that could never last

sometimes even here
the Lightning flashes through
and I see
the monster eyes of you
so further down
I let myself fall
‘til even Tinsel Town
is around me no more

and here I drift around
in my deepest heart
while you try outside
to rip my Soul apart

I add some flowers
to color this black
and paint the walls yellow
‘til its time to go back

tomorrow
I must clean up the mess
fallen paintings
and lamps smashed on the desk
and you'll go to Church
and solemnly confess
you lost your mind again
but you'll do your best
and locked up so deep
I'll start to cry
cos I love you
and I want to believe the lie

oh once I loved you
and I wanted to believe the lie
yes once I loved you
and I believed the lie.




Copyright statement: Lyrics © 2026 Christine Jordaan. All lyrics are original works authored by me. The music and vocal performances were created using AI tools under commercial licenses that grant me ownership and perpetual commercial usage rights in the resulting outputs. All rights reserved.

Note: Visual content across this site may include elements created or enhanced using AI-generated imagery as part of the overall creative process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call to Action: PROJECT TO END GREAT APE SLAVERY - PEGAS

The Horror of the Lions Waiting to Die

Captured

From the Firelight

The Lady & The King Stag

Will You Cry for Me?

Reflections

Who is Dreaming Me?

For all the fallen gentle giants

Maputo Elephant March 04 October 2013, Mozambique