Nightmare Castle of Mine


© 2026


There’s a place I go in my nightmares
when I fall asleep
tumble jumble rooms
of the secrets that I keep
the higher up I go
the narrower they become
'til I'm wedged at the top
where there's no place left to run

There I stay frozen stiff
not daring to breathe
I can’t crawl any higher
neither can I leave
'cos somewhere down below
walks a killer that I know
this old, dusty attic
is the one place he won't go

From the window I see
a sludgy grey sky,
but its barred shut
from the outside

I wake up screaming
its 1am again
I can still feel him in my head
this stalker with no name

Too scared to go back to sleep
I pray the Lord my Soul to keep
until it's 4am and my head is sore
from my nightly dreamtime war

Oh these tumble jumble rooms
this hellish underground
each one a terrible secret
in the cold nightmare of my mind

What secrets lurk
that won’t step forth
born before I found my wolf
why do I come here
night after night
trapped 'til dawn's first light

Can I tear it down
this castle cage of mine
set the ghosts free
from this haunting of Me
Sorrow, Terror, and downright Rage
playing out this tragedy
on Life's stage

Oh these tumble jumble rooms
can I burn it all down
I’m trapped in
this nightmare castle of mine.




Copyright statement: Lyrics © 2026 Christine Jordaan. All lyrics are original works authored by me. The music and vocal performances were created using AI tools under commercial licenses that grant me ownership and perpetual commercial usage rights in the resulting outputs. All rights reserved.

Note: Visual content across this site may include elements created or enhanced using AI-generated imagery as part of the overall creative process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call to Action: PROJECT TO END GREAT APE SLAVERY - PEGAS

The Horror of the Lions Waiting to Die

Captured

From the Firelight

The Lady & The King Stag

Will You Cry for Me?

Reflections

Who is Dreaming Me?

For all the fallen gentle giants

Maputo Elephant March 04 October 2013, Mozambique