Thursday 5 May 2016

The Mirror

I look in the mirror and see…
a child with a gun
staring at me,
a body lying in the sand
killed by lies,
and swarming with dirty, black flies
and I know that part of me pulled the trigger;
I look in the mirror and see…
a starving dog bleeding in chains,
and my hand is still holding the stone
as I kneel in the dirt all alone;
I look in the mirror and see…
a woman bound, hurt, and enslaved,
and I know that I have the key
tucked away safely,
I could set her free;
I look in my mind and see
all the anger, the doubts, and the fears
I look in my heart and hear
the whispers of a million dreams,
secret hopes and unshed tears
I turn back to the mirror
and reach through the glass to the child,
I have to love him better to have a fairer world,
and I have to love him better
because he is me.
Christine Jordaan
05 May 2014

© 2017

WE NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS WORLD WE ARE CO-CREATING, WHETHER WE ARE DOING SO CONSCIOUSLY OR UNCONSCIOUSLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment